Make your own cold brew coffee at home with the simple Hario Shizuku Slow Drip Brewer. This cold brewer is easy to use, durable, and brews killer iced coffee with low acidity and bitterness, but a lot of flavor.
The device is made of four main parts: (1) the upper water chamber, (2) the dripper, (3) the coffee holder and filter, and (4) the carafe. Together, they can produce up to 600 ml of rich cold brew concentrate that can be made into iced coffee.
This cold brewer is particularly easy to use, thanks to the fast but steady dripping piece. While most slow drip brewers require you to readjust the dripping rate over a long period of time, this brewer always drips at its perfect speed – no adjustments necessary.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Grind 70g of coffee at a medium-fine setting, pour into filter, and top with a paper filter.
- Add 750 ml of cold, clean water to the upper chamber.
- Allow the water to drip for 1-2 hours.
- Store the carafe in the fridge and clean up the remaining parts.
The glass parts are made with Hario’s signature glass. The remaining pieces are built from silicone, stainless steel, and polypropylene, so you can be confident in the brewer’s durability.
Hario Shizuku Slow Drip Brewer Features
Smooth Cold Brew Coffee – Brews iced coffee low in bitterness and acidity and rich in flavour.
Slow Drip Brewing – Brews coffee by slowly dripping cold water over coffee grounds.
No Drip Adjustments Needed – Designed to always drip at the perfect rate – no adjustments needed.
1-2 Hour Brew Time – Brews rich cold brew coffee in only 1-2 hours.
Hario Glass – Created with Hario’s world-renown durable glass.
600 ml Capacity – Can be used to brew up to 600 ml of cold brew drip coffee – enough to fill several glasses.
This product includes:
- Hario Shizuku Slow Drip Brewer
- Paper Filters
- Materials: Hario Glass, Silicone, Polypropylene, Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: W116 × D116 × H356mm
- Capacity: 600 ml brew Chamber
See Josh from Alternative Brewing with the Shizuku in the Brew Guide below: