The Kantan Drip works just like other pour-over vessels. Simply unfold it and sit it on top of a mug or paper cup (to save you having to do ANY washing up at all) and you’re ready to brew!
HOW TO BREW USING YOUR KANTAN DRIP
Once you have everything together, get your brew on:
- Unfold the Kantan Drip by first folding along the curved lines to create a tent-like shape. Each side of the Kantan has three feet, and you want to place the middle foot on each side of the paper into the inside of your decanter cup to allow it to sit nicely on top. Then push the brewing paper out underneath to form a square-like basket.
- Place your ground coffee into the square-like basket of the Kantan. The flat bottom of the basket helps towards an even and consistent extraction. We like to use the ratio of 1g of coffee to 15.6g water. For an 8oz takeaway cup, we use 15g ground coffee to a medium grind size for filter, coarser than espresso grind but finer than a plunger/French-press grind, with about 235ml of water.
- Pour a small amount of your hot water over your ground coffee to saturate and bloom. Be careful not to fill it too much, because the gases in your fresh coffee are itching to escape and may cause your pre-brew to overflow into your cup! Drinking coffee grinds isn’t necessarily what you want to be doing first thing in the morning!
- There isn’t a lot of room to hold the water, so there will be a lot of topping up of water over the course of your brew. The total brew time is similar to other pour-over methods of about 3-4 minutes.
- Once you have used up all of your water, lift the Kantan Drip off the top of your cup and dispose of it. And voila! Your Kantan Drip has just produced a deliciously brewed cup of coffee, with barely any washing up or fuss at all!
- 10 x Kantan Drip Satchels
See it in action here: