Introducing the OCD: ONA Coffee Distributor
Making a great coffee is all about understanding that there are variables and learning how to take control of them. Even distribution of the coffee grounds creates major variables in quality and consistency. The OCD eliminates those inconsistencies by providing a even puck to tamp upon.
1. The OCD features four angled slopes that efficiently, evenly and consistently move the coffee around in a circle motion to create an even puck. No more inconsistencies between baristas.
2. The OCD creates a perfectly flat surface everytime. Therefore creating a consistent puck density. When baristas even the puck using their finger some leave a slight mound or divot in the coffee, which means they tamp down inconsistencies in the puck density.
3. Say goodbye to cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.
4. This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets and can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles.
5. No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees and different roasting styles, we have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction and qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the cafe. The OCD takes the same time to create a more even and consistent puck, giving more consistent and delicious extractions.
6. Less micro-channelling and channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which can be disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to see at times and is more likely to happen with no distribution or inconsistent distribution – the OCD will remove this variable.
Check out the instructional video: