The Yama Silverton Stainless Steel Coffee/Tea Dripper is a do-it-all kind of brewer. Not only is it beautifully designed, but it is capable of making coffee or tea a variety of ways, keeping you from having to buy multiple brewers for different purposes.
The trick is in the Yama Silverton’s adjustable flow rate knob. This knob allows you to control exactly how quickly brewed coffee drains – if you want it to drain at all. This makes it possible for the device to make immersion coffee, pour over coffee, cold brew coffee and tea, and hot tea – all without using a second brewer.
The doubles stainless steel filter encourages a rich brew without allowing you to take a mouthful of coffee grounds, but it can be doubled with Kalita’s 185 Filters for a cleaner body.
The brewing cone and the carafe are both made with Yama’s high borosilicate, heat proof glass and are dishwasher safe. The base of the brewer is made with a no-slip silicone, so you don’t have to worry about the brewer sliding when you don’t want it to.
Instructions for Use:
1. Open valve and place decanter underneath filter holder.
2. Preheat & rinse the metal and ceramic filter with hot water.
3. Grind your desired amount of coffee to a medium coarseness. We suggest 1 gram of coffee per 18 grams of water.
4. Close Valve and add ground coffee to your filter.
5. Add 50-75 grams of your brewing water to the coffee and let stand 30-45 seconds. This is called the bloom. Agitate bloom as desired.
6. Pour the remainder of your brewing water in the center of the coffee bed and move slowly out in a circular pattern.
7. Full brew should take 3 to 3:45 minutes. Open valve to dispense coffee into decanter
Yama Silverton Stainless Steel Coffee/Tea Dripper Features
4-In-1 Brewing – Can be used to maker immersion coffee, pour over coffee, cold brew, and tea, thanks to the flow rate adjustment knob.
Stainless Steel Filter – Double metal filter encourages rich brew and keeps grounds out of your final mug.
Paper Filters Compatible – Can be used with Kalita 185 Filters if you’re a paper filter fan.
High Borosilicate Yama Glass – Will last you years to come.
No-Slip Base – No need to worry about slipping. Stays exactly where you place it
- Materials: Yama Glass, Stainless Steel, Silicone
- Dimensions: 16.8cm x 20.1cm x 28cm Tall
- Carafe Capacity: 450g
See how to Brew with the Yama: