Explore the world of syphon coffee with the Bodum Pebo Syphon (formerly known as “Santos”). This syphon brewer is fascinating to watch in action, brews some of the world’s smoothest coffee, and requires no wires or electricity.
Syphon coffee is beloved around the world for its stunningly smooth body, vibrant aromatics, and rich flavor. There’s a reason you’ll pay $8+ for a cup of this coffee at your local cafe.
The Bodum Pebo Syphon can brew anywhere from 0.5 to 1 litre of coffee and takes 5-11 minutes to do so, depending on how much water you’re boiling.
Basic Syphon Brewing Instructions:
- Fill the bottom bulb with water.
- Attach the upper chamber, set the brewer on the stove, and turn up the heat.
- When the water boils and rises to the upper chamber, add your coffee grounds.
- After 2-4 minutes (depending on your coffee’s grind size), remove the brewer from the heat source and watch the brewed coffee fall to the bottom chamber. Complete!
This process is fascinating to behold and generates a sense of awe and gratitude in anyone who witnesses it. If you’re looking for a visual experience as much as a flavorful one, you’ve found it.
The parts are made with Bodum’s high borosilicate glass and nylon plastic and are designed to thrive with a gas stove. Since the brewer is made of only two main parts, a quick rinse takes no time at all, making your basic cleanup a breeze.
Bodum Pebo Syphon Features
Vacuum Brewed Coffee – Produces coffee that’s unique to syphons and revered around the world as being incredibly aromatic, richly flavorful, and super smooth.
Visually Stunning – Clear glass and fascinating physics make brewing coffee a visual experience as much as anything else.
Brews 0.5 to 1 Litre – Capable of brewing coffee for you or the whole crew.
Stovetop Brewing – Designed to be used with your gas stovetop. No wires or electricity required.
Easy To Clean – The brewer is comprised of two primary parts which can quickly be rinsed under water for a rapid cleanup.
- High Borosilicate Glass, Nylon Plastic
- Dimensions: Depth- 22.5cm, Width 14.8cm, Height 27.5cm
- Weight: 1kg
- Brews: 0.5 to 1 Litre